Please click here to view the June School Newsletter.
Dewson will be offering some exciting after school programs in the fall! Please click here to find out more.
Hello Grade 6 families.
The previous post that went out regarding dates for the Graduation Ceremony and Trip had an attachment that was incorrect. The letter that was sent home after the post was correct to say that the Graduation Ceremony will be held on Monday, June 23rd and the Graduation Trip to Second City will be held on Wednesday, June 25th.
Hope that clears up any confusion!
The fun has already started at the Dewson Festival! Come out and join the fun! The festival runs from 2:30 to 6:30 tonight! See you there!
Hello grade 6 families! Please click here to view some important information regarding the Graduation coming up on the 23rd!
Please click here to view a flyer with information about Festival on Thursday, June 12.
Yes, the Dewson Festival is in 3 days–Thursday, June 12th.
Festival 2014 touches down at Dewson for much fun and frivolity. Festival happens rain or shine. We’ve got a plan to keep events happening even if there’s a little precipitation. But that’s not going to happen.
Here are some important things you need to know about how Festival works and what happens with your children.
- Students are supervised until 3:30 p.m. Please inform the office if you are going to change BUS arrangements.
- At 3:30 grades 1-3 will assemble in the gym for pick up. Grades 4-6 will be picked up in their usual spots. If you are allowing your child to stay with another parent, make sure their teacher knows.
- Children will need hat, sunscreen, and some money if you like. All kids get 4 free tickets.
- Tickets are 50 cents each. Some sample prices are: rides are $1.00/$1.50, hamburgers $2.00, games 50 cents, popcorn 50 cents.
- You can enjoy the BBQ , the Multicultural Dinner, children’s Rummage Sale, Karaoke, Cake Walk, Face & Nail Painting and Hair Braiding/Beading. Relax at the Café in the library and bid at SILENT AUCTION in the library for some great items.
- Drop off rummage sale items (books, bikes, toys, glass ware but no cloths) inside the parent room a few days before.
- Drop off baked goods, food for the multicultural dinner, and cakes outside the office before 2:30 p.m. We especially still need entrees and salads for the multicultural dinner in the gym.
- If you have any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org
SEE YOU THERE!
Festival closes at 6:30 p.m. but some games/areas close early as supplies run out.